Millions of people are very enthusiastic about sports – high-performance competitive sports in particular. Top performances, however, require a high degree of professionalism – before, during, and after the match. SportsInnovation, an event designed as an international platform for technological progress and innovation, is taking place for the very first time from 8 to 9 May 2018 in Düsseldorf to bring these three key elements together in one place, offering a stage for discussion and the perfect place for the exchange of knowledge.
Altogether, the inaugural SportsInnovation event, which is jointly organized by the DFL and Messe Düsseldorf, will focus on five key pillars of innovation:
- Broadcasting – such as broadcast technologies, graphics and animation, as well as infrastructure (e.g. satellite transmission, fibre optic and IP networks)
- Stadium Experience – topics such as fan entertainment, stadium lighting, apps, physical and virtual advertising, as well as ticketing and payment systems
- Match Analysis – performance tracking and recording, data collection, processing and visualization, as well as the evaluation of performance, position and vital data
- Digital Services – like platforms, channels and applications, second stream solutions, as well as E-sports
- Matches & Tournaments – radio systems, goal-line technology, video assistance referee systems, gear and equipment, along with sports medicine and physical therapy
The ESPRIT arena in Düsseldorf, one of Germany’s modern stadiums, is an ideal location for this fair and the perfect foundation for bringing together a large variety of visitor groups. These range from companies in the broadcasting business to media partners, marketers, suppliers, decision-makers from clubs, federations and organisations involved in pro sports, venue operators, digital strategists and analysts.
SportsInnovation in its current form has developed from the DFL Innovation match in 2015. It was not created solely for football, but rather to address a broad spectrum of sports, thereby giving visitors the opportunity to learn and benefit from the developments in other pro sports leagues as well.
“DFL stands for innovation – from the founding of our own subsidiary, Sportcast, in 2006; the establishment of our joint venture, Sportec Solutions; to tests on the integration of UHD, HDR and virtual advertising in the basic signal,” says Christian Seifert, Chief Executive Officer of DFL. “SportsInnovation provides a unique international platform where you can experience the sports world of tomorrow.”
Messe Düsseldorf and the Düsseldorf Congress Sports & Event (DCSE) are globally active and leading organisers of B2B fairs and large events. The combination of both guarantees the required expertise for making SportsInnovation a top-class business event for high-performance sports. The main asset of the event will be its “live” component: live matches in the arena will give all visitors the chance to witness live tests and a true hands-on experience that will make sure that innovation will not only be a topic that is talked about in theory, but one that can be truly experienced. A central stage hosting interesting speakers, presentations in the business suites and of course plenty of opportunities to exchange and network will round out the event.
DFL and Messe Düsseldorf will publish the full program of the event in spring 2018.